As we enter the home stretch of our campaign, we wanted to thank you for your amazing support: You 272 backers have brought us to almost 40% of our goal! And many of you have written personal notes telling us why:
- Barney was one of a kind. I miss him already.
- I think Barney is one of the best things that has happened to politics in this country. Wish we had more like him.
- I have lived in Newton for 45 years and Barney Frank was my Congressman for many of those years. I was very proud to have him represent me and I am looking forward to seeing your film about him when it is finished.
- The trailer nearly made me cry. As a New England gay man, I’ve been inspired by Barney Frank for years. Thank you so much for making this moving documentary, and if you get a chance, thank him for being an inspiration
Now it’s time to urge others to help—without additional backers we cannot release this important film about a man who dedicated his life to making our lives better. As one supporter wrote:
· This is a film that perfectly captures what it means to be a public servant.
So PLEASE take a brief moment to forward this email to friends, family, co-workers…anyone you think would be interested. The more the better! Here’s the link to send them. And if you’ve been waiting to give again, please do so now.
Barney Frank’s official portrait hangs on Capitol Hill in the Financial Services Committee Room as a tribute to his leadership during the financial crisis. We want to share with you the historic moment when Mr. Frank discusses with portrait artist Jon Friedman what to include in the portrait.
Again, our sincere thanks for caring about this project and Barney Frank.
All the Best,
Sheila and Mike